Host Website On Google Drive Web Hosting 2018
Hosting net pages on Google Drive is an extra dependable answer as a result of it makes use of Google’s proprietary knowledge center.
Here’s a step-by-step information to internet hosting an online web page on Google Drive:
The host website on google drive is similar yearly 2018, 2019 even 2020. You can nonetheless host a website on google drive customized area by host Html on google drive 2020. Easy methods to host an internet site on google? Should you’re questioning the best way to host a web site on Google Drive without cost, I simply did, so I’ll let you know all.
Even though the new Google Drive makes web site internet hosting troublesome, I still discovered a reasonably easy solution. It comes within the form of a Google Script written by an expert within the subject, Amit Agarwal. First I will show you this technique – the straightforward approach – after which I’ll clarify how you can do it without a script.
Methods to Host a Web site on Google Drive using Google Script
- Put all of your web site files in a .zip file (.rar doesn’t work, I tried). I made pattern web site in .zip file by modifying Amit content, you may obtain it here , if not there a kicking zip net page.
- Go to the Google Script page, and upload your .zip file.
- Press upload file, and “Congratulations! Your website is now live on Google Drive“
- Enjoy your free web hosting!
The Harder Way
When you realized to host a website on Google Drive out of curiosity, you may not be glad about all the work accomplished for you with a script. Unfortunately for you, it’s not very technical or in-depth, there are just more steps.
- Create a new folder on Google Drive
- Upload the contents of your website .zip file and move it to a folder.
- Right click on the folder and choose ‘share’, then ‘advanced’ at the backside of the popup.
- Choose ‘Public on the web’ and save.
- After pressing save, you will be supplied with a public hyperlink but will probably be a hyperlink to the folder the place your .html file is stored in Drive, not the actual website.
- So the following factor we have to do is change the link. Lower out the string of letters and numbers between id = and & use, and paste them at the end of https://googledrive.com/host/
- Level to your new link and you will see your web web page!
This function is a small characteristic, however, it is going to be very useful for web developers. In the event you occur to be constructing or designing an internet site and need some kind of ‘demo web site’ to show to shoppers, then this can be a very useful approach of exhibiting the progress of your website.
Nevertheless, we don’t recommend using Google Drive as your primary hosting. However, in the event you use Google Drive to store and share records data, this feature would not threaten your privacy. As a result of Google Drive requires sharing your internet records data publicly, nobody will be able to see your web site before it’s finished, unless you’ve shared the hyperlink with different people.
Google’s purpose of adding this feature is of course to get extra individuals who want to use Google Drive to store their files. In case your present cloud storage service doesn’t have this function, we don’t assume you will transfer to Drive. However if in case you have used Google Drive from the beginning, after all, you will use it extra often than DropBox or SkyDrive.